And so begins the new year

 

Well, 2020 is over and 2021 has com in like a jaguar leaping for the jugular.

November we had joy and heartbreak as we found out that I was pregnant and then promptly miscarried a week later. We found our way to healing, and then came February and withing the first 5 days, my 45 yr old husband had a heart-attack. To say that the last 6 months have been difficult and stressful would be an understatement.

So with all of these distractions rampant, it is reasonable to assume I have been struggling, because I have.

Today I am happy to report that I am working on Chapter 14. This marks the over halfway point! I cannot tell you how happy I am to be where I am. This novel has been a labor of love, research, and perseverance. What began as a lofty goal in 2013 is now nearing completion as I hit the halfway mark in my self-edits and send my writing off to my editor. Soon I will be sending Extermination of an Empire to Beta Readers, followed by the ever daunting Query process where I will be pursuing an agent.

For those of you who have stuck with me through all or part of this process, I want to thank you. Your support has made this process worth while. My goal is for 2022 publication. As soon as I have a solid date, I will make sure that you, my readers, are the first to know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nano Update

One step closer