Nano Update

 

Hello my little rain drops. I just realized that I haven't given anyone an update since August.

Well, I am happy to say that the first round of Beta readers finished and delivered their feedback, which was very exciting! Another positive thing to report is that I made the necessary edits and it is now with the second round of readers.

While round two of Betas are reading, I took a step and started working on book two. With any luck, this should kick off the progress in a way that may hopefully shorten the time in between publications (Once we get there that is.)

Because I am doing Nano, I'm trying to get a huge chunk of the book finished by the end of the month. This would be a lot easier if evil little plot bunnies weren't trying to invade. Comically enough, I began scrolling tiktok [@aprilfellowsauthor] and came across a video that inspired an entire romcom... Guys,... It's fluffy. Most all of my writing involves a LOT of human suffering and overcoming that suffering. Then this fluffy little romcom leaps out, and promises to be a Happily Ever After where they find a passion and a purpose together. I don't know if I have the heart to publish it under my main name. The biggest concern that I have is that readers of this story will come to expect fluffy from me in the next book they read of mine. And on the flip side, readers of my main work will come to expect the human suffering and get a fluffy story.

I dunno. Maybe you guys can tell me what you would prefer. I have a pen name ready for the new fluffy, but I'm not allowing myself to touch it until my Nano goal has been reached. I mean, I already have the first half of is summarized. Just the summary alone is a thousand words though. Oh my goodness.

Alright Rain-drops, I will get back to my nano writing so I can get book two ready by the time book one finds an agent. Love all of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One step closer

And so begins the new year