Well, that was a hot minute.

       So it’s been a hot minute since I last updated you all. I kind of had a big change that threw a few wrenches into several gears. I’m pretty sure that I’ve shared that I work full time and have a house and family. Well in January we faced a pretty big change in our church lives. We belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and with the large membership, they often have to shift boundaries of the congregations to make sure that there are enough people to fill all the necessary positions and not overload any one bishop. We got moved to a different congregation and then I got called to volunteer my time as the secretary of the women’s organization of our congregation. Needless to say there was a lot to get used to.
             I’m starting to get a handle on my schedule and I am going to do better to keep you up to date on my writing and the status of my projects.
                   Today I had an awesome moment. First I realized the need to split Chapter 4 into two different Chapters. This means Tourelle, my favorite lead, gets his own chapter all to himself.
I’m editing as I work on this rewrite and there are going to be several things pulled out to make the story better. I promise I’ll share some of these things with you to give your reading a little meaning.
So These Characters live on a planet by the name of Delta. Much of their lives are similar to ours, but one key difference is how they handle death.
             Having descended from a space faring people, the inhabitants of Delta deal with the disposal of human remains the same way that their ancestors did.
                  While traveling in space over the course of generations to reach their new home, there was no extra space to store their dead. Additionally, simply sending their bodies out into the vastness of space was incredibly impersonal. So the inhabitants of these vessels devised a method that would be passed down throughout their generations.
                  When a person has passed away, there is a period of grieving where the family waits a period of 3 days before funerary rites are preformed. This allows any possible chances of a false pronouncement of death, however unlikely, to be investigated, and if need be, cause of death determined should there be any suspicion.
                 After the mourning period, the deceased is then cremated and their ashes made into a special ink. This ink is then used in the creation of special memorial cards. These cards would be used on memorial much like the Spanish, Japanese or Hindu create in their homes in honor of their loved ones gone before. Of course more than one card is made for the family and loved ones of the deceased. To leave a body to rot is an act of depravity. Whether that be buried in the ground, or left out in the open. To put it simply, not even convicts on death row are denied proper funerary rights.
Well. . . . I think that is a great deal on the subject of death. I hope that this information helps during the reading of Extermination of an Empire when it comes out.

I apologize for the long delay in posts. I will do my best to make posts more frequent.
Love always,
April Fellows

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nano Update

One step closer

And so begins the new year